Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Once Upon a Canvas (Literally)


I have always thought of the title of my blog as figurative-- like I am a work of art being made by the Creator. This past weekend I had a literal experience with a canvas. You see, for a few months now, I have been wanting to paint a picture to hang above my bed. On Saturday, I finally did it. First, I collected the supplies.



Then, I set about cutting and decoupaging paper onto the canvas, deciding on the design as I went.


After that, I painted on top of the paper.


I enjoyed letting the painting process be messy.


Then I added sparkles.


Twelve hours later, the picture was ready to hang above my bed.


 It is nice to dive into a project and finish it! Happy crafting! ~Megan

3 comments:

Hannah Marie said...

makes me want to make something like that, too! inspiring, Megan!!! ~Hannah

Brooke said...

Megan,
That is SUPER gorgeous! I love it!!!
Brooke

Megan said...

Thank you!