Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
Continuing my gratitude list, glad that every day can hold thanks giving. . .
611. listening to Christmas music and creating on Tuesday afternoon
612. baking bread and cookies
613. a sink full of dirty dishes conquered
614. one day set aside for thanks
615. too much food
617. instructions on making stuffing from my PopPop
618. playing music for others
619. seeing the Plaza Lights lit
620. time volunteering at a homeless shelter
621. humbling perspective
622. an evening spent playing Dominoes, Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase, and Things with friends
623. Thanksgiving leftovers
624. discernment conquering judgment
625. approaching sunset with ever-changing color
626. staying up late Friday night to finish a book
627. sleeping in the next morning
628. organizing the basement
629. neat and tidy Barbie world (which has transformed from a town to one big house)
630. Christmas decorations emerging from the storage area
631. spontaneously seeing a movie
632. holiday excitement
633. the way the reasons for these holidays always hold wonder
Blessings to you, now~ Megan
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
So much good in the present. . .
596. Sunday evening spent playing Dominoes
597. the incredible power of prayer
598. many voices joined together in song
599. listening to Mandisa while in the car
600. the way different, uplifting songs get stuck in my head at just the right times
601. watching a dear friend perform
602. fun and real conversation with friends
603. babysitting two little boys
604. learning about balloon animals
605. home with my family
606. fun in an im-promptu audition in modern on Monday
607. sisters making fleece tie blankets
608. Youngest Sister spotting the fleece with a panda bear print from (almost) the other end of the store
609. gift supplies being accumulated
610. bubbling anticipation
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Do you see the reflection of my piano music in the window?
After overcoming cold hands and shaky fingers to play my pieces for a judge with a very Russian name, we took advantage of the beautiful weather with time outdoors.
First off was a state park. . .
Next we went to a barn. . .
Chickens and roosters have such vivid personalities!
Finally, we conquered a corn maze. . .
It was a refreshing time spent together! Happy November~ Megan
Thankful for everyday. . .
576. fire pit fun
577. the smell of smoke lingering on my sweater
578. being huddled up in a blanket on our patio swing
579. making "acorns"
580. my mom learning she has a dairy allergy
581. problems going away with the butter, milk, and cheese
582. dairy free
583. counting 107 trick-or-treaters while handing out candy for the first time
584. transformations into Cleopatra, a gypsy, and a panda
585. chili and rice
586. a quarterly science test completed
587. finishing reading Robinson Crusoe (It was okay, but lengthy)
588. my Dutch friend teaching me Dutch things
590. watching Cars 2 with my sisters
591. Daddy home after a week away
592. a dinner of pumpkin pancakes
593. adventuring through Trader Joe's
594. Thanksgiving turkey in the fridge
595. calmed wind
There were leaves that very literally needed to be raked into piles at my MeeMaw and PawPaw's house.
There are piles of school work every day that need to be completed.
There is a pile of books in my nightstand that sit waiting to be read.
There is an ever-growing number of posts I want to write that have been falling into my journal.
Piles can be intimidating.
When a yard is covered with leaves it is hard to know where to begin raking.
Now that my mind is covered with post ideas it is hard to know where to begin writing.
I am finally going to deal with this posting pile. It will be a messy process, but I am hoping to get a clean slate again soon.
After all, piles can be wonderful pads to jump into and out of.
I might just uncover a lawn of grace the mess was hiding.
Blessed jumping and piling to you~ Megan