Friday, May 27, 2011

Painting the Week with Music

While in a lyrical dance class on Monday, my teacher put her iPod on shuffle and had us dance to whatever music started playing. She wanted us to try and change our movement with the changing songs. It was an interesting exercise and I decided to try doing it today with my calendar painting, substituting paint for dance.  


The changes in my picture are not as dramatic as they could be, but it was fun to play around with different brush strokes depending on the beat of the song. Happy painting! ~Megan

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That's really cool, Megan! I hope I'll get to be with you in Lyrical next year, friend!

Miranda said...

That is such a good idea, Megan! I think it is so fun that you paint your weeks, and I like the added twist this week. :) It kind of makes me want to put my iPod on shuffle and have a dance and/or painting party... or both!

I hope you have a beautiful weekend!