Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Favorite Kind of Bee

I met Jordan three years ago. First our parents recognized each other from college. We started talking and quickly learned we had a lot in common. 
Favorite color? Blue. 
Play an instrument? Piano. 
Want to learn an instrument? Guitar, given by grandparents. 
Hair and eye color? Brown. 
Favorite animal? Dolphin.  

But why did I mention a favorite kind of bee in the title? 

Well, Jordan and I had something else in common; a love of words. Only Jordan's love of words carried over into a love of spelling. This is the third year in a row she has qualified for the Scripps National Spelling Bee. It has made watching the Bee all the more exciting to know Jordan and her family are there, as well as hear about it from them later. This year something really exciting has happened--- she is a championship finalist! 


Congratulation Jordan Hoffman!!! I so admire your way with words and am happily watching ESPN and cheering! ~Megan

No comments: