Saturday, March 16, 2013

Room Redo

At the end of December, my parents promised me the birthday gift of a room redo. Unfortunately, I didn't take any good "before" picture. So I dug through miscellaneous pictures until I found this. . . 

Not a comprehensive view, but you get the idea. Things have changed in just the way I hoped they would, but it's been a journey. Rearranging furniture and painting walls a lighter shade of blue (covering the beautiful Bible verse my dad had painted above my bed when I was seven- thankful I can still see it in my head). . . 

Finding the right chair for beside my bed- one I now sit in to do most of my school work. . .

Choosing a solid bedspread after much thought and discovering the right pop of color to go above it. . .


Settling into my new bookshelf. . .

Getting organized at my desk. . . 

There are still a few pictures to be hung, but my room has transformed. . .

The only problem? I don't want to leave! :) 

2 comments:

tinuviel said...

Hi, Megan. I see the date on this, but for some reason it just now showed up in my feed reader. I had been wondering about you, and now I have a bouquet of pretty posts to peruse. :)

What a beautiful room! Want to redo my office next? Just kidding. The blues are lovely. Light blues are probably my favorite color range.

Happy Memorial Day with family and puppies!

Megan said...

Hi! Your feed reader is working fine- I just finally finished a bunch of post drafts. Thank you for bearing with me!

Thank you! I have always been partial to light blues :)

We had a great Memorial Day. Hope you did too!