Thursday, July 30, 2009

In My Bookbag



Lately, I've been hooked on Louisa May Alcott's writings. It all started a couple of months ago--that fateful day at the library when I found a sequel to Little Women, cleverly entitled Little Men. I read Little Men and was thrilled to learn it too had a sequel, Jo's Boys. I had thought I was finishing up the series before this discovery. Little did I know that I would end up checking out The Poems of Louisa May Alcott, Flower Fables, and Eight Cousins. I now find myself a bit tired of Louisa May Alcott. I imagine you are tired of her also, since I keep mentioning her name.

Last night, I made the decision to break loose of the Alcott books and read a different author. The book I started was All -of- a- Kind Family by Sydney Taylor. It also focuses on a family comprised of girls, only it ups the number to five. Other differences are it is set in a later time period, it takes place in New York rather than Massachusetts, and is a lot shorter.

Does this mean that I will never read a book by Louisa May Alcott again? No. I do like her books, but just like any other author and his or her books, I can get bored with the same style. So while I'm expanding my horizons, I have a question. Have you read a good book lately? I'll look forward to any responses!

~Megan

No comments: