Sunday, August 30, 2009

Paint- Another Way to Decorate

My Dad was off a few days last week and painted our great room. When we moved in, all of the rooms in our house were a beige color. Now, five years later, almost every room has been painted a more cheerful color.



All of the furniture was pushed into the middle of the great room while it was painted. My Mom likes to change the arrangement of our furniture periodically and, with the new paint color, was inspired to tweak it again when it was put back.



Here you can see the difference of the light creamy yellow compared to the dark beige. It is much more pleasant to walk into our great room than it used to be. What a difference color can make! ~Megan

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Megan, Your mom gave me your blog address and I'm thoroughly enjoying your writing. You really have quite a way with words, and can visualize everything you write about. I think expressing yourself in writing is such a gift.

I love the new wall color from the pictures... can't wait to see it next when we have dinner soon.

Blessings to you, Megan...

Lori

Brooke said...

I love those pictures!! It looks like a great color. See you Thursday night!
Brooke

Mary said...

Love that color in your house! Looks great(:

Hannah said...

your great room looks awesome! can't wait to see it!