Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sunshine and Gratitude

Last week I took a break from posting about my gratitude list, spending time instead enjoying sunshine on vacation. This week, I am very glad to be back here counting my blessings. . .

339. The fountain outside our hotel


340. Meeting the Pacific Ocean with my sisters  


341. An adventure riding the trolley cars around San Francisco


342. Three visits to tea rooms. . .




343. Enchanted-looking alleys


344. These large, delicious statues that sit in the middle of the Google campus. From what I understand, they represent the different Android apps. If you want to know more, I suggest you Google it :)


245. Reading 1 and 2 Peter instead of writing out Matthew for the last week of Lent. It was a nice change for Holy Week and very travel-friendly; a little way of giving myself grace.  


246. Finding this verse in the NIV version of 2 Peter chapter 3--

"Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking."

It was fascinating to consider how different things stimulate me and what would happen if I only did things that stimulated wholesome thinking.


347. A walk in between the largest trees I have ever seen

Everyone seems to shrink in Muir Woods

348. Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge


349. Perusing the lush Japanese Tea Gardens


350. In-N-Out Burger

If only they weren't only located miles and miles away. . .

351. This page about ballerina pink cosmetics in Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I love how polished and pretty the color is!



352. A safe flight home

353. My own bed 


May your week be full sunshine~ Megan

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I loved seeing pictures from your trip, Megan! I missed you while you were gone. Oh, and that burger looks so good I can almost taste it! :)

Deborah said...

Beautiful things to be grateful for!!
I love your photos and your thankful heart!

Deborah xoxo