Thursday, August 2, 2012

Meeting the Presidents

This morning we drove into the Black Hills. . .

Heading to Mount Rushmore

We met George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln. . .
In rock form, that is

Absolutely majestic

Hello!



We spotted Crazy Horse from the road. . .

We entered Custer State Park and saw Sylvan Lake. . . 

Thanks to a very knowledgable worker, we found out that this lake is where parts of National Treasure 2 were filmed. If you too have watched that movie, you might just remember this scene. . . 


Still makes me laugh! Well, we think we found that infamous rock. . . . 
Middle Sister's reenactment of the scene

Yikes! 


My turn :)

We ended the day swimmingly at the indoor water park that connects to our hotel. These water slides are another thing that makes me laugh. . .

We'll see what excitement tomorrow may hold. . . .  I'm hoping it includes more laughter! Blessings~Megan

4 comments:

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh your photos are so wonderful!! I looked through your road trip shots... feel like I was there with you. You have a great eye for photography! Beautiful, just beautiful! :)

Cynthia Brooks said...

Megan! How fun. We think it's so neat you found that film sight from National Treasure. Sarah's daddy enjoys finding those kinds of places too! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Laura said...

These pictures re-enacting that moment from the movie made me giggle!! I'm SO happy that you are having so much fun!! :)

Megan said...

Thank you! We're having a blast :)