Monday, August 10, 2009

Butterfly Festival

On Saturday morning I went to the Butterfly Festival with my MeeMaw, Paw Paw, Dad, and sisters. While there we not only saw beautiful butterflies, but also beautiful flowers. It was a very colorful event!
Orange and yellow flowers blossomed everywhere!
I was sucked into these interesting shapes and vibrant colors.
I wonder what was so attractive in this shrub?

Most of the Blue Morpho butterflies did not like to be photographed. They seemed to tease you as they would fly around and start to land, before flying on. For some reason this one decided to settle itself on a flower and stay there long enough for several people to snap away.

There was even time for me to get in the picture :)

We were told these chrysalises would open sometime that day. If you looked closely you could see the wings of the soon to be butterflies.

We all enjoyed petting caterpillars in a tent outside.
Here my Mee-Maw, sisters, and I are cooling off in a fountain outside. It felt good to get wet, even though it didn't last long in the hot day.

Goodbye butterflies! Goodbye flowers! We hope to see you again next year!

~Megan

No comments: