Monday, January 24, 2011

Sparkle and Shine

I have always loved the gem collections in natural history museums. Fossils are tolerated, and even liked to some extent, but it's always those jewels that capture me.

Going up and down the aisles of a craft store, painting a picture, writing a poem, and looking at gems all capture me.

I lose myself .
I lose track of time.


There is a verse in the Bible about thinking on bright and beautiful things.  I found it in Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Maybe my enjoyment in things that sparkle and shine (both literally and figuratively) has its place in glorifying God too. 






Giving thanks for things that sparkle and shine--

141. Be-jeweled bobby pins



142. Cookie Baking



143. Snow balls


144. Icicles


145. Dresses

146. Book societies, especially with Jane Austen 

147. A lovely event with lovely people

148. Moments when the world feels like one big snow globe

149. Rosy cheeks

150. E-mails with my cousin

151. Revealed nests


152. Middle Sister's first sleep over


153. Middle Sister back home

154. Successful (though dramatic) loss of Youngest Sister's sixth tooth

155. Delightful correspondence between Youngest Sister and the Tooth Fairy



~Megan

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I love your list of things that "sparkle and shine", Megan! I think that Multitude Monday really helps me to realize how blessed I really am.

Jenna said...

Thanks for your comment...love your pictures of the snow! We woke up to snow this morning. May God continue to give you eyes to see His gifts.

Kayla said...

Megan-

I feel the same way about those breathtaking jewels. Hope middle sister had a good time at her sleepover ;)

Blessings,
Kayla

Megan said...

I agree that Multitude Monday helps me to have a more thankful perspective towards everything, Hannah!

Thank you for visiting Jenna! I am glad you like the snow pictures.

So happy to know of someone else who loves jewels, Kayla :)